Like us, you are a committed and passionate tour guide. You consider it a privilege to be showing the city to a variety of clients and to work independently. However, you have also realized that lacking the support of colleagues and peers can be sometimes be challenging, if not downright difficult, to maintain excellence in tour guiding.
The Bündnis Berliner Stadtführer (BBS) addresses the issues and problems specific to our job and provides support in handling them. We are committed to not only maintaining, but improving, the quality of tour guides in Berlin. More than anything, the BBS is a community of colleagues with whom you can share your experiences, hear informed opinions, and discuss various issues with which you may be concerned.
As a member, you can:
– join our monthly informal BBS meetings
– join our regular continuing education events (excursions, tours, lectures, etc.)
– receive information about practical and legal aspects of tour guiding
– raise your visibility by creating your own individual guide profile on the BBS website and
get your own guides-berlin.org email address
– receive a BBS badge, which represents quality and excellence in tour guiding in Berlin
– access our BBS App by and for tour guides in order to be continuously updated about
relevant news, events, strikes, etc., in Berlin and connect with other guides on the chat or
find good restaurants, bus parks etc.
– participate in and profit from quality control through peer review